

as a parent to Poison Control today....hubby was doing some stuff for work and was gone, M was at the movies with pap-pa and E was up in her room playing. It suddenly dawns on me that I haven't heard a peep from S in awhile...that usually means he is looking at his books or getting into something. I went upstairs and the smell of Vicks vapo-rub about knocks me over. He's covered himself all over his chest, arms and neck in it. I asked him "did you get the medicine in your mouth?" and he says "eat med-sin, eat med-sin". When I started rubbing it all off with the wash cloth, he stuck his tongue out too to be wiped down - apparently it wasn't as tasty as he'd hoped...His breath didn't smell like Vicks but I figured it was better to call Poison control and see what they say!
Not to worry, apparently it takes quite a bit (2 tablespoons or so) for it even to be an irritant, meaning that he might then throw up. I watched him for about an hour to make sure he didn't seem sick or have a tummy ache.
Santa came to the 'hood last night. We had our annual neighbor party and had about 10 billion kids there this year - had some cousins in town. Si gave Santa the stare-down.
2 more sleeps until Christmas - in E's wording. I have nothing wrapped yet but that is not unusual. At least it is all bought. I will ship the kids off for few hours tomorrow and get some wrapped. Then Margie and Tim as well as Sarah and Brian will come over and we'll snacks, drink a bit and finish it up. Seems to work for everyone, at least until S and B have kids. Hopefully I have at least 3 years before that happens ,because now they even take the kids for the weekend occasionally so J and I can go for a little get away.
Wow, what a windy day!! Wind advisory here - we looked out our back window and saw that the neighbor's patio table and chairs had blown over and unfortunately, the table top shattered. I think they just left town for Christmas so they weren't home when J went over to let them know.
I discovered a new super easy Christmas treat - pretzels with melted white chocolate and m&m's on top - yummy. I made a batch today to take to mom's on Christmas day. J was commenting that I've been very crafty this year - made some frames for family and some Christmas ornaments for some other family. I skipped out on making the cards though. too much pressure!
damn, against my better judgment, I had a coffee and Bailey's around 8pm...caffeine is kicking in and I know I won't be able to go to sleep...I sooo cannot do caffeine after about 2pm!! I should go down and wrap some presents but...we'll see...
B Team - glad you made it safely to town. enjoy your visit!! I hope you all have a fabulous Christmas!!
peace and prayers,
c




No comments:
Post a Comment