Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Dieting

I'm not sure that what I am doing is dieting but I am watching what I eat. I'm also cutting down on wine and alcoholic beverages - something I read about diets said alcohol is basically "liquid candy" and that you'll never lose weight drinking more than 2-3 a week. SO...I'm doing my liver and butt some good and cutting back, at least during the week - weekends, probably not!
I had a very good workout yesterday. I'm only doing about 1.25 hours at the Y 2 days a a week but I figure that is better than nothing. I know I'll need to add another day at least to make more of a difference.
I'm not sure why all the concern about losing 10 pounds and looking better. Maybe because summer is almost here and we have 2 weddings to go to in the Fall. Or maybe at 37 I know I have to start working at this to keep in shape and healthy. My legs still ache from some of the veins with baby #3, most of my old clothes won't go around my waist (thank God for low rider pants!), my hair has changed so much with the last 2 pregnancies. I used to have stick straight hair but now it's wavy and I hate it! Woe is me...

Hubby's new job is going great. dealing with the people at the last job sucks - they are trying to not pay for the 2nd week of his 2 week notice, we haven't gotten any Cobra info...
I'm so happy he got the heck out of there! His first day on the new job was Monday and we actually got his first paycheck in the mail that day! That was a great surprise.

No comments: