Yesterday was Mother's Day - I woke up to breakfast in bed and mimosas. And I had several more mimosas throughout the day. It was quite nice! Hubby had all week off work in between jobs. He accomplished SO much - it puts me to shame! Today was the first day on the new job and it went well. I think it's going to be a great fit.
I wrote M a mother's day poem:
Daughter – Sister – Mother
Always confidante and friend
Titles never matter
Love undying to the end.
Light hair – dark hair
Blues eyes – Green
The similarity is rarely seen.
Maybe the arch of the brow,
Possibly the shape of a hand
But look deep into the heart…
That is where the similarities start.
The joy of a child’s laughter
The heartache of their pain
The beauty of sunshine on your face
The agony of guilt and shame.
The little everyday blessings -
Like music that strikes the soul.
Sometimes overwhelming emotion
That some can never know.
Loyalty fierce -
Love enduring and true
This is what I inherit from you
And I also gave her a copy of an Ella Wheeler Wilcox poetry book - I have several of them and love them!
I'm trying to start a diet - or at least watching the # of calories and what I put in my mouth all day long - cut down on bread, cut out the coffee creamer, cut down on wine and beer (none tonight), cook with more low fat stuff...I've never dieted so I don't really know how to. I just want to lose about 10 pounds (from my belly and BUTT!) We'll see how it goes. I do exercise a few days a week too at the Y, but not enough!
I'm trying to start a diet - or at least watching the # of calories and what I put in my mouth all day long - cut down on bread, cut out the coffee creamer, cut down on wine and beer (none tonight), cook with more low fat stuff...I've never dieted so I don't really know how to. I just want to lose about 10 pounds (from my belly and BUTT!) We'll see how it goes. I do exercise a few days a week too at the Y, but not enough!




No comments:
Post a Comment