If I were morbid, I'd take a permanent marker and make an X right on the spot on the upper left eye - above the brow bone, right around 1 o'clock...this is going to be the spot that - if she blows - that will be the vein. Damned if I can't feel it right there when I am stressed. Of course I hope I'm wrong (not about the exact spot...but about the blowing of the vein in general), but there will be a big, fat "I told you so" if it does happen.
It's been a stressful week. I can be a bad friend (maybe not "bad" but just not attentive)...I can go for quite awhile without picking up the phone, checking in regularly. But believe you me, I will be there when you are in need. I promise.
I will talk, I will listen, I will cook, I will babysit, I will hold your hand, I will drink wine with you and converse until wee hours of the morning.
I will kiss the top of your head and try to wrap you in an aura of comfort and love that will hopefully give you one moment of peace and stillness during your panic and turmoil.
I will never say "it's meant to be" or "it's better this way" or "you can try again". I will not avoid you or your pain. I will not think laughing in the midst of grief and exorbitant pain is wrong.
My stomach will be tied in knots but I'll look in your eyes, I'll lay a hand on your arm, your leg, your hand...probably more for me than you.
I will drive home in tears and pray with more vengeance than I have prayed since the last terrible thing.
And no matter the outcome, I'll thank God for his blessings and help us get through. I promise.
Friday, April 01, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Wow!
I love, LOVE this!
I know you didn't write it for me, but just for the record - you are a good friend.
I hope things aren't so stressful going forward.
I'll be thinking about you and praying too.
:-)
Post a Comment