Saturday, August 08, 2009

Unwritten...

I was in a tired, pissy mood this evening after cleaning all day long, Justin has been gone most of the week, kids have been fighting like cats and dogs and on my very last bit of nerves...and then this song came on my iPod...and it was all okay! I just wanted to dance and not be cranky anymore. And I always feel that way when I hear this song. I love music!



I think it's amazing what music can do for a mood, good or bad. When I am sad, I have songs I go to and cry it all out...and when songs catch me off guard and change my mood, like this one, I'm grateful. I can just envision myself twirling with arms out in the middle of an empty road in a total downpour!









Staring at the blank page before you
Open up the dirty window
Let the sun illuminate the words that you could not find

Reaching for something in the distance
So close you can almost taste it
Release your inhibitions
Feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins
The rest is still unwritten...


No comments: