Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Compliment that Wasn't

I went to the school today to get a volunteer background check so that I can help out at the kids' schools. I ran into a lady that I haven't seen in years...since high school. She went to our church and was friends with one of my sisters. We chatted, caught up on everyone, etc. She was being nice - "oh, you look great, you haven't changed a bit" etc. And then she said "and even your hair style is still the same!" WHAM! That hurts. A lot.

1. I hate my hair.

2. I hated my hair in high school.

3. My hair has changed MANY times over the years since then and

4. She thinks I'm stuck in the 80's and have been...since the 80's!


I bite my tongue and figure she doesn't need to know how I used to PERM my hair to get it to look like this:


because it was STICK straight. And how, NOW, it just looks like this naturally because of having babies and the hormones have made it darker, wavier, courser, frizzy, freaking a MESS! She doesn't care. She just thought she was being nice. WENCH!


No comments: