Tuesday, July 10, 2007

I hate dieting!!!!

Weight watching sucks! I am back to trying hard (okay, not terribly hard) to watch what I am eating and drinking. I gained 2-4 pounds over the 4th just in alcohol and cookout consumption.
The things I'm trying to do:
1. cut down on the alcoholic beverages (deja vu to a prior post??) - liquid candy, remember?
2. Eat 3 servings of yogurt a day (read a study that says you'll burn significantly more fat this way)
3. Up the amount of Y and walking time per week.
4. Snack on low cal, not junk food. I love veggies, etc for snacks but don't always have them around.
I have no willpower though. I have such a hard time not just picking up what I want to eat and eating it! And drink for that matter.

Wonderful 4th holiday. Swam, watched the parade, lazed around. With it being on Weds. this year it was very difficult to get back into the swing of things on Thursday and Friday. I didn't really do much for work those 2 days, especially with hubby around so much.
We did finish staining the fence - wow, that is a pain in the butt, especially when it's 95 degrees outside!! It was fun helping him though because we could chat as we did it. The kids played in the backyard in the sandbox and pool and were very good.

Okay, must help hubby with kids in the tub....and then hopefully I"ll get the chance to read in bed tonight. Reading In the Woods by Tana French - good mystery!

No comments: