
In a meeting room in some company near Berlin, OH - way out in the middle of Amish country. They are letting a group of employees go today and needed someone onsite to explain their career transition/outplacement services to them and just be a support. I both hate and love this - I hate to see people in that much pain and stress. There is a lot of raw emotion when their manager tells them they are losing their job and then they get walked to the room next door to meet with me. Some in hysterical tears or anger, others just wanting to get the heck out of the building and are totally shell-shocked. One woman about broke my heart today. She was crying and crying. We talked for about 10 mintues and then she told me "My husband just died in October - an accident and I am just learning to deal with that...and now this." And I was able to give her a big hug and just listen for a bit. That makes me love this - I meet wonderful, wonderful people.
I'm waiting for one more person...and then I get to make the 2.5 hour drive back home...




No comments:
Post a Comment