The past year has been heavily weighted with reminders of how fragile life can be. This week has been no different. Doug lost his battle with cancer - but won the war for courage and faith...as has his family.
This past year has taught me a lot.
I Will Not Wait
I will not wait
To be the one
That hears those
Dreaded words
I will not wait
To receive the call
Telling me the worst
I will not wait
And wish I had
Shared my love aloud
I will not wait
To take a hand
And tell you that I’m proud
I will not wait
To go outside
And enjoy a sun filled day
I will not wait
While looking on
Thinking
That is child’s play
I will not wait
To find laughter and hope
Through my tears and strife
I will not wait
To hold and cherish
The many blessings
In my life
Lessons learned
In grief and loss…
Hope and memories
Will push us through
I will not wait
Another day
All because of you
To be the one
That hears those
Dreaded words
I will not wait
To receive the call
Telling me the worst
I will not wait
And wish I had
Shared my love aloud
I will not wait
To take a hand
And tell you that I’m proud
I will not wait
To go outside
And enjoy a sun filled day
I will not wait
While looking on
Thinking
That is child’s play
I will not wait
To find laughter and hope
Through my tears and strife
I will not wait
To hold and cherish
The many blessings
In my life
Lessons learned
In grief and loss…
Hope and memories
Will push us through
I will not wait
Another day
All because of you





No comments:
Post a Comment