Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Lessons being learned....

Yesterday I was reading a friend of a friend's blog (http://jacksonparkcity.blogspot.com/) and came across one of the saddest things I have ever read - a beautiful (almost) 2 year old girl named Lucy, choked on an apple, was deprived of oxygen for 20 minutes and was on life support until her parents had to make the agonizing decision to take her off. I sat here and cried for 2 hours over their loss, their pain, their new reality as a family.

With all that is going on with Margie fighting for her life against colon cancer, Doug and his fight with lung cancer, all the crazy and tragic things that go on in this world...I find that I get so worried, stressed, sad about all that others are going through, that I am not living MY life in the present and enjoying all that God has blessed me with. This hit me like a ton of bricks yesterday after I was so upset after reading this family's sad story. And because I am so blessed right this moment, because I have my health, my family, my friends, my time to be with my wonderful, healthy children - I will do my best to take a lesson from this sadness and live my life by being present in the moment...that's really all that any of us know we've got, huh?


No comments: