Friday, June 20, 2008

Costly little temper tantrum

2 weeks ago i had a costly little melt-down that made me question my "saner" side of crazy. I got mad at Justin for something fairly minor and stupid. I go through bouts of being a thrower when I get really angry (usually when I am pregnant or highly stressed). The 2 things closest to me at the moment of insanity were 1. a laptop and 2. a plate. So I picked up the laptop and threw it. That didn't seen to scratch the itch, so I picked up the plate and threw it at the sliding glass door. Have you ever seen and heard a sliding glass door shatter? There really isn't anything satisfying about it - at first it looks like a beautiful frosted glass window, and then it starts making this crackling sound as it proceeds to break into a billion little pieces. I immediately realized what a DUMBASS i was and started to clean up my mess. The billion little pieces of glass don't fall all over the place, most of them stay put in the door frame. So I had to take a broom and start knocking out the glass so that I could sweep it up.

I have to give Justin a lot of credit - he didn't bat an eye. He had already gone outside before I threw the plate - and I'm sure he knew what the crackling sound was but he didn't turn around and look or anything.

What has boggled me about this is that I wasn't feeling stressed at all, or really very angry. I had spent the day with Margie - it was her first chemo, everything had gone fine, I had a nice glass of wine in my hand and all seemed well. And then Bam! I was like Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde.

So the end result:
new laptop (found a great deal at Wal-mart): $500
new glass for slider: $100-200
Anger management classes: Priceless


1 comment:

eastmoormom said...

I hope you can see how NORMAL you are!!! i'm a thrower and i swear like a sailor.....my big claim to fame!! dropping the F bomb in front my children!!
i will even tell you that i broke into many pieces doug's startreck model back on broadmeadows....