Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Careful what you wish for...

I've been wanting a new desk to put in our front room because that is where I work - and I've been using our old dining room table as my desk since we moved into this house 3 years ago. So I have been keeping my eyes open but didn't really want to spend the money. Last night when I was reading Ella books at bedtime we heard a very loud CRASH and boom...I came downstairs and everything on my desk, including my laptop was on the floor and the desk/table was over on its side. The leg had pulled out. So today I guess I get to go look for that new desk - I'll hit Target and World Market and hopefully find something not too expensive yet suitable...ha...
Luckily the table is fixable. It is the table that Justin found and refinished and repaired for me as a Christmas/bday gift long before were were married...we were still living in our first apartment at the time.

I was woken up last night by VERY strong rain, thunder and lightening. E and S both woke up too at various times during the night. 6am came very early this morning :( I saw on the news that tornadoes hit in various places in KY and TN where we have friends and family - scary stuff.
Well, time to get the little ones up - wish me luck in my desk shopping!

1 comment:

eastmoormom said...

did you get the desk???