Monday, November 05, 2007

Trip to Nags Head


We had a fun but very fast trip to Nags Head, NC for a wedding this past weekend. Left home on Thursday and came home Sunday. SO much time spent in the car!
It was so fun to see E and S on the beach though - M too but this was really the first time for 2 & 3. It was amazingly windy when we got there on Friday - Hurricane Noel has sent some tropical storm weather our way. It really spooked M out - he wasn't too thrilled being in that weather "in a house on stilts". We hope to get back to the house to spend a week in June or August so we have time to really enjoy everything.

On a sad note, when we got back I checked our friends' blog and found out her hubby has cancer. They are wonderful, faithful people and I pray for their strength through this and for his healing. In the short time that I've had this blog, I seem to have a lot of entries about how life and death situations perplex me. I have a hard time getting my head around it. This time is no different. I know when my cousin Mike was dx'ed with cancer, it brought that side of the family together in amazing ways. And it also brought his father to the Lord. My prayers to the B Team as it will be a long and rocky road.

I am reading The Year of Living Biblically, a memoir about a guy that tries to live the bible as literally as possible for one year. It is very interesting and funny while also teaching quite a bit about the odder aspects of the bible. It really does a good job of mixing some different aspects of religion. It's not necessarily for the Bible scholar, but is amusing while being informative to a wine drinking heathen like myself.

Peace and sleep tight.
c

No comments: