Monday, June 04, 2007

Rainy Days and Mondays....

Most Monday's I feel blah to be starting the work week all over again. This morning isn't so bad. We got some rain last night too but we desperately needed it. The grass looks nice and refreshed this morning.

Got home from the NY wine girls' trip safe and sound - Then spent that weekend with family - we had the Memorial Day cookout at our house. It was fun. Then I spent the week trying to get caught up with work and around the house. J was in Cleveland for job training Weds-Friday. I have to say, the new job is fabulous. He is loving it, they are great - they will be picking up the $ for a 2nd phone line and our internet access.

Back to the wine trip - what a fun time!!! Our cabin was so cute and comfortable, the wine was wonderful. KB found out she was pregnant on the way there so she was our DD - yippee for her - this will be #3. I was saying on the way there (before she found out) that 3 is such a handful and takes SO much time. I was probably scaring the daylights out of her! But I also said (later) that 3 is wonderful and the perfect number. I love having 3 children.

Today is the first Monday of summer break for M - can't believe he'll be in 7th grade!! He stayed the night with a friend last night. I still hate when he stays the night someplace- makes me nervous. I ran into the mom of a good friend of mine from 7th grade. She and I used to bike to the pool every day. She would put me on her handlebars and off we'd go.

I need to figure out a good work schedule for the summer so that I can take the kids to the zoo and the pool over the summer. Part of the problem is working in S's afternoon nap. Maybe I should leave a pack and play at B's for when we go to the pool...oh the things I have to worry about...
I was thinking last night (and I think this quite often) how amazingly blessed I am. My children are not only healthy, but wonderful and smart and so much fun. My husband is very supportive of everything I want to do, he helps out a tremendous amount around the house and with the kids, he is an excellent father and spends a lot of time with them. We are very blessed.

No comments: