I have an evening to myself (which is about over now as I expect a husband and kid or two home soon) and I posted on Facebook - should I work late or clean out my closet? - NO work late votes but a few "have some wine and clean out your closet" or wine and book, or wine and relax! :)
My friend Marti said "craft beer and write a letter to your 10 year older self". Well...in 10 years I'll be 54.
FIFTY FOUR!!!! (almost 55).
Besides the fact that I can't begin to even process the age that I am now, let alone add 10 years, I do feel that in my head, I haven't gotten much past my 20's - not to say that I haven't' learned a lot of lessons and adjusted my behavior. But all in all, I'm pretty much still 20-something in my head. But with kids now. OY.
So - in 10 years...Mason will be 29, Ella will be 21 and Silas will be 18. I look back 10 years ago and can't believe how fast the time as gone. 9, 1 and not even born yet...
Every day goes zipping by. I don't long for Friday's - because the weekends fly by and then it's another week and another month and truly another year before I can even catch my breath. But wow - these kids and this man I am insanely lucky to have as my husband...I am blessed.
I am sitting here at my very old Frankenstein computer, currently having water because I've had wine already, listening to Hozier because he's awesome and I'll see him on Feb 27th, and just feeling very blessed and happy.
Ella is sleeping over at Abby's, Silas and Justin went to an OSU hockey game (thanks to free tickets from Jodi) and Mason is working. I imagine before too long, Mason will be in his own apartment...he keeps saying he'll be looking. And then in 10 years we may be empty-nested...or close to it.
10 year ago, I'd have said - "10 years...that's a long time!" - I know better.
I pray that we'll both be here in 10 years...with those 29, 21 and 18 yr old kids :)
I'm so very happy. So very blessed. I love this family of mine - <3 br="">3>
Friday, November 21, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment