That's a good question...depends on the day, the hour, the moment....the camera angle.
This week has seemingly sucked. Taxes, work stress, taxes....cranky kids...rain, rain, taxes...
But I think back to April 15, 2008 and know that the next day - April 16, 2008 - sh*t would hit the fan. Margie's surgery and cancer diagnosis. And it's still enough to kick me in the gut 364 days later.
But there is still MOST of me that says "yeah, but..." I have had 363 days that have made me realize the total, full impact of life, the blessing of an understanding that we are all going to die and we can do our best or hide under a rock.
I usually don't care for "yeah, but" kind of folks...because being the YEAH BUT optimist, I have to work hard not to get knocked down by the YEAH BUT pessimists.
So I know the angle makes the basket look half empty. But I know better.




No comments:
Post a Comment