I am usually very quick to adapt to being back home, back to work, back to "real life" - this time hasn't been as easy. It's like all my senses were tuned in last week -sights, smells, tastes, sounds. And i miss it greatly.
A new sound that I do have is the wind chimes that I bought while at the Outer Banks. They are wooden and have a gorgeous sound. That will have to be my replacement ocean noises.
I also miss how "normal" the days were with Margie and Tim. That was wonderful. There was so little stress. There was almost zero cancer talk. We walked, we talked, we drank and we played on the beach. And it was a week I will always be grateful for on so many levels.
On another note, tomorrow is a big day for my girl - Ella starts kindergarten. I had stamping group tonight and was asked several times if I am nervous. I am not really. It seems to me that Ella has been ready for school since she was about 2 years old. She wore my high heels and walked down steps by 1 and it seems she has been prepping for this day forever. She's asked me for as long I can remember her talking - "when will I start school?".
I am so proud of her. She is going to love it and excel - she's got her father's competitiveness - something that I lack and while Mason is very smart - he takes after me in lack of substantial drive and motivation.
Speaking of Mason, he had his first day of 8th grade today. It went well. He has the same Spanish teacher that I had in 8th grade. He asked me if she was nice. I laughed - she was a winch! And it appears that 20+ years later she still isn't very friendly!
So now I will have a few mornings a week at home with my Siley J. - something that I am looking forward to. He has been rotten as all get out lately and I hope some extra momma time will help and not make it worse. He is about the funniest kid ever. His verbal skills are amazing for a 2 year old and some of the phrases he comes up with to describe or ask a question are so funny. His latest thing is at random times he'll say to one of us, or to himself "poopy isn't a bad word" and then goes about his business of whatever he was doing.
So tonight I do feel like I'm on the saner side of crazy - a fleeting moment I'm sure - I'll take it!!




No comments:
Post a Comment