Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Overwhelmed

Wow, so much has been going on the last month...I don't know where to begin but to say that I am tired, overwhelmed more often then not and sick...it's finally caught up with me.

My mind right now keeps asking "why can't we go back to how it was before...?" - so little is normal right now. I spend endless hours a day right now (when I should really be focusing on work) researching online - colon cancer, peritoneal carcinomatosis, chemo, guided imagery, doctors and specialists, etc. I have actually stumped a few doctors with my questions...not good.

Margie has a biopsy of her lung tomorrow - there was a small nodule that showed up in her CT scan last week. Chemo is supposed to start June 6th. FOLFOX6 and Avastin.

I emailed 6 oncologists and surgeons today and within 5 hours received emails back from 3 with very helpful info. I was amazed....and impressed. I was looking for some 2nd opinion info and so happy to get such free flowing info without them knowing me from Adam (or Eve).

Saturday is Sarah's wedding and I know it will be great fun and we get to leave the kids with a friend for the night after the wedding and stay at the hotel...much needed!

one of the big problems and probably why I'm sick is the inability to go to sleep....

so I'm going to go to sleep now.

2 comments:

eastmoormom said...

anyword on biopsy.
you are doing your homework!
good girl!
doug tolerated and continues to tolerate the avastin well.
hope she does the same.
time for you to get your Bleach bottle and chemo kits ready!! actually, doing that and putting them together gives some sense (even if it is small) of control...

eastmoormom said...

anyword on biopsy.
you are doing your homework!
good girl!
doug tolerated and continues to tolerate the avastin well.
hope she does the same.
time for you to get your Bleach bottle and chemo kits ready!! actually, doing that and putting them together gives some sense (even if it is small) of control...